Grand Prix Series 2019 will have its final leg in Jerusalem, the city of three religions, a phenomenal city with great restaurants, and, more importantly, outstanding history. Jerusalem will host a leg of the World Chess Championship cycle for the first time ever. 16 world’s top grandmasters will continue their fight for the 800 000 euro prize fund and two spots in next year’s Candidates Tournament. The winners will have a chance to face the reigning World Champion Magnus Carlsen in the 2020 Championship Match.
The FIDE World Chess Grand Prix Jerusalem will be held in the Notre Dame of Jerusalem Center from December 11 to 23.
The tournament has a knock-out format with 16 players at the start.
To win a Grand Prix, a player has to defeat opponents in four rounds.
Each round consists of two games with classic time control, and a series of tie-breaks in case of an even score.
Unlike in many other chess events, there are very few draws and a clear winner in every round.
Round 1: 16 players
Round 2: 8 players
Semi-finals: 4 players
Final: 2 players
Who is playing?
|12||David Navara||Czech Republic|
Top Grandmasters from 9 countries will take part in the FIDE World Chess Grand Prix Hamburg 2019.
This is the strongest Grand Prix Series in recent history
All players have qualified based on rating.
When and Where?
The rounds start at 3PM Jerusalem time.
Chess fans will be able to enter the playing venue starting at 2PM. Guests with special invitations will have access to the VIP area where they can meet prominent personalities from chess world and business community.
For accredited media representatives there will be a special media center.
FIDE World Chess Grand Prix Jerusalem 2019 will be hosted by Notre Dame of Jerusalem Centre
Address: HaTsanhanim St 3, Jerusalem
Where to Stay?
During the tournament all chess lovers have an opportunity to discover the ancient city of Jerusalem,
admire its historic architecture and enjoy delicious food and atmosphere, all while enjoying chess.
Information about official hotel will be published shortly.
How to Visit and Follow
The Grand Prix is a treat for all chess fans and players alike.
Ticket information will be available soon.
To Follow Online
99.9% of chess in the world is played and watched online. You can watch the Grand Prix for free on worldchess.com. On your computer or smartphone, you will follow the games live online, and also be able to see the multi-camera live feed.
- Please be respectful to the Grandmasters, organizers and tournament guests.
- The venue opens at 14:00, one hour before the games start.
- The organizer has the right to deny guests to visit if the venue is full and also due to site safety rules.
- Visitors can leave the venue and return to it without any restrictions.
- The cloakroom accepts for storage outerwear only and does not accept bags and suitcases. The organizer is not responsible for valuables left in the cloakroom.
- Mobile phones and flashes are strictly prohibited in the Game area.
- Please keep silent and do not interact with the players in the Game area.
- The organizer has the right to limit the use of mobile phones, photo and video equipment at the venue.
- Food that is purchased not on the tournament site is not allowed. You may bring water with you.
- Animals are not allowed at the tournament venue.
- Children under six years old are not allowed in the Game area.
- Weapons, piercing-cutting objects, and objects prohibited by Israeli legislation are not allowed on the site.
- Smoking on the site is prohibited.
- Contact the reception for additional information.
Making the Grand Prix possible, and putting up the bulk of the total prize fund of 800,000 euros, are the principal sponsors:
Algorand as the Exclusive Blockchain Partner
PhosAgro as the Official Strategic Partner
Kaspersky as the Official Cybersecurity Partner
PRYTEK as the Technology Transfer Partner
Please send us an email if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be glad to give you a response.
To require an accreditation as a media representative please contact us: email@example.com.