Follow the Grand Prix Live
This fall Hamburg becomes the capital of chess world as it welcomes the 3rd leg FIDE World Chess Grand Prix Series 2019. 16 world’s top chess players continue to compete for 800 000 euro prize fund. Two participants with the best results will get spots in the next year’s Candidates Tournament. It’s a chance to dethrone the current world champion Magnus Carlsen in the Championship Match 2020.
The Hamburg Grand Prix will be held from November 5 to 17. The tournament has a knock-out format with 16 players at the start. To win a Grand Prix, a player has to defeat opponents in four rounds. Each round consists of two classical games and is followed by faster tie-break games if necessary.
Who is playing?
|15||David Navara||Czech Republic|
Top Grandmasters from 9 countries will take part in the FIDE World Chess Grand Prix Hamburg 2019.
This is the strongest Grand Prix Series in recent history
All players have qualified based on rating.
When and Where?
The rounds start at 3PM Hamburg time.
Chess fans will be able to enter the playing venue starting at 2PM. There will be on-site commentary.
Guests with special invitations will have access to the VIP area where they can meet prominent personalities from chess world and business community. For accredited media representatives there will be a special media center.
FIDE Grand Prix for Chess in Hamburg 2019 will be hosted by the Kehrwieder Theater
Address: Kehrwieder 6, 20457 Hamburg, Germany
Where to Stay?
During the tournament all chess lovers have an opportunity to discover the ancient city of Hamburg, admire its unique architecture and feel its irresistible charm, all while enjoying chess.
Official hotel of the event is Westin Hamburg
How to Visit and Follow
The Grand Prix is a treat for all chess fans and players alike.
We will be glad to see you among as a guest of the tournament.
German comments are included in the ticket price.
Full entry ticket price is 36,35 €
Reduced entry ticket price is 24,35 €
and find the perfect VIP hospitality package for you.
Tickets will be available offline.
You will have the opportunity to purchase tickets directly on the days of the tournament.
For more information, please contact the reception desk.
To Follow Online
99.9% of chess in the world is played and watched online. You can watch the Grand Prix for free on worldchess.com. On your computer or smartphone, you will follow the games live online, and also be able to see the multi-camera live feed as well as commentary in English and Russian.
Evgenij Miroshnichenko – english
Ilja Zaragatski – german
Elmira Mirzoeva – russian
- Please be respectful to the Grandmasters, organizers and tournament guests.
- The venue opens at 14:00, one hour before the games start.
- The organizer has the right to deny guests to visit if the venue is full and also due to site safety rules.
- Visitors can leave the venue and return to it without any restrictions.
- The cloakroom accepts for storage outerwear only and does not accept bags and suitcases. The organizer is not responsible for valuables left in the cloakroom.
- Mobile phones and flashes are strictly prohibited in the Game area.
- Please keep silent and do not interact with the players in the Game area.
- The organizer has the right to limit the use of mobile phones, photo and video equipment at the venue.
- Food that is purchased not on the tournament site is not allowed. You may bring water with you.
- Animals are not allowed at the tournament venue.
- Children under six years old are not allowed in the Game area.
- Weapons, piercing-cutting objects, and objects prohibited by German legislation are not allowed on the site.
- Smoking on the site is prohibited.
- Contact the reception for additional information.
Current standings in the Grand Prix Series
Guests with special invitations will have access to the VIP area where they can meet prominent personalities from chess world and business community. For accredited media representatives there will be a special media center. Making the Grand Prix possible, and putting up the bulk of the total prize fund of 800,000 euros, are the principal sponsors:
Algorand as the Exclusive Blockchain Partner
PhosAgro as the Official Strategic Partner
Kaspersky as the Official Cybersecurity Partner
Please send us an email if you have any questions: email@example.com. We will be glad to give you a response. To require an accreditation as a media representative please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.